In this circuit from Huaraz to visit the villages of Unchus, Llupa and Pitec, to enter the Quilcayhuanca canyon, here we can see some cave paintings then pass by the Archaeological pre - Inca Tambo Nuevo.
Then we will enter to the Quilcayhuanca canyon until to Cayesh canyon, from this point you ascend the Maparaju mountain (5.326 mt), from this point you can see: the Huantzán (6.395), San Juan (5.884) Cashan (5.686 and 5.716), Tumarinaraju (5.668), Cayesh (5.721), Andavite (5.518), Tullparaju (5.787), Chinchey (6.222), Pucaranra (6.156), Ranrapalca (6.162), Ishinca (5.534), Tocllaraju (6.052 ) Huamasraju (5.434) hatun Montepunku (5.415).
Where appreciate Cuchillacocha (4,625 m) and Tullpacocha (4,300 mt), entering the crossing at Huapi pass to make the climb to the Huapi mountain and then descend through the Cojup canyon.
DURATION: 5 Days /4 Nights
DIFFICULTY: Moderate - Difficult
- Day 1: Huaraz (3,100) - Quilcayhuanca cover (3,850) - Maparaju base camp (4,400 mts).
- Day 2: Maparaju base camp (4,400 mts) - Maparaju Summit (5,326 mts) - Maparaju base camp (4,400 mts).
- Day 3: Maparaju base camp (4,400 mts) - Cuchillacocha lake camp (4,600 mts).
- Day 4: Cuchillacocha lake camp (4,600 mts) - Huapy Summit (5,421 mts) - Palcacocha lake camp(4,500 mts).
- Day 5: Palcacocha lake camp (4,500 mts) and come back to Huaraz for the Cojup canyon.