One of the most popular trails in the Cordillera Blanca its popularity is due to the spectacular mountains views, crystalline lakes, and a challenging route.
Along the way this trek contains impressive views of Artesonraju, Pucahirca, and Alpamayo, prior to arriving at Punta Union. This pass is sheltered by the spectacular Taulliraju Mountain the high pass of punta union also overlooks Huascaran, Huandoy, Pisco, Chopicalqui Chacraraju, and upon crossing the next pass (portachuelo) the route descends to the famous lakes of Llanganuco – chinancocha and urconcocha.
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Difficulty: Moderate / Difficult
- Day 1: Huaraz (3.100 mts) - Hualcayan (3.139mts) - Wishcash camp (4.400 mts).
- Day 2: Wishcash camp (4.400 mts) - Ososruri step (4.860 mts) - Ososrusi camp (4.600)
- Day 3: Ososrusi camp (4.600) - Vientunan step (4.770 mts) - Jancarurish Camp (4.250 mts).
- Day 4: Jancarurish Camp (4.250 mts) - Cara Cara step (4.850 mts) - Mesapata step (4.460 mts) - Huilca Camp (4,000)
- Day 5: Huilca Camp (4,000 mts) - Yanacón step (4,610 mts) - Jancapampa Camp (3,600 mts).
- Day 6: Jancapampa Camp (3,600 mts) - Pomabamba (2,950 mts) and back to Huaraz.